Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Stardoll Fashion Week Day 2: Runway Magazine

Earlier today during Stardoll Fashion Week, Editor-in-Chief Vasia28 debuted a brand-new issue of Runway Magazine and I am not too sure that I'm 'digging' it.



I couldn't really focus on the models or Covergirl because I was captivated by what they were wearing. I wasn't impressed. I love the idea of peace and fashion mixed together, but something just doesn't seem right to me. It seems almost too cheap.

I do applaud the team for taking part is this amazing fashion-packed week - but I honestly did expect more from this issue. Maybe more fashion? Also, when I was reading the article, 'Life in Dollywood'... I was easily and quickly uninspired by the fact that it read, "without the limitations the real world, anything is possible". (referring to Stardoll) What a bunch of bull, way to encourage everyone. Listen, let me break this down a little bit.

Effort wise: amazing work!
Professionally dedicated: not impressed.

It's simple and it's my opinion. What's yours?

6 comments:

  1. You can label be whatever you want to label me, it really doesn't bother me. If I am getting to you and making you angry it really does boost my confidence. The sole reason for that is because it shows me that my writing really does effect peoples emotion.

    I critic people, it's what I like to do. Don't read my blog if you aren't looking for a shitload of opinions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could tell that it was very thought out. I really like the effort put into it as you said.
    I thought it was very well for the first time. Theres always room for improvement! I'll gladly read the second issue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It`s nice,but not "great" or "amazing".I expected more from Runway Mag :S

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm gonna have to agree with that one there, Tyler, also, the swing thing has kinda already been done (See Eternity's photoshoot for February's covergirl)
    However, I absoloutely LOVE the font/style of the masthead. It's most certainly not the worst mag there ever was - God, I know how hard it is to make a mag (and being a total OTT perfectionist doesn't help in the slightest) but I think they pulled this one off because despite it's flaws it's not a complete fail, I look forward to future issues :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i personally like this issue:D so fresh:>

    ReplyDelete