Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I'm just a silver fool...



Hello again, folks. Lana, back again, with another interesting starplaza find.



At first, I was just looking at the interior, when the brand of the item finally dawned on me. Yes, that's right. Mortal Kiss.

For those of you who don't know or simply didn't pay attention (which I seriously doubt you could) Mortal Kiss was an interactive reading experience from which many things were spawned, most notable of which, of course, was the Mortal Kiss shop. It was the predecessor to, and the very thing that laid the foundations for, the more recent Sea of Stars 'graphic novel'.

Upon researching the new Mortal Kiss item, I found that not only had there already been news posted about it in the star blog, two chapters had already been released, along with a club and a page. Except this time, there was a difference. Instead of the interactive reading experience we had before, where we could explore the locations around the story's town of Winter Mill, these chapters were posted in the star blog.

Talk about disappointment.

I, for one, very much enjoyed Mortal Kiss, particularly it's set up - the locations were awesome, and in places, rather creepy. It really set the mood for the story, and without it, I doubt I would have paid much attention. I probably wouldn't even have bothered reading. So, my question is - why, exactly, is there no interactivity now? Yes, there's a page, which features a calendar releasing an item per day, but it's just not the same. It all feels very lacklustre.

While I'm all for the encouragement of reading, I can't help but feel the lack of 'experience' in Fool's Silver (yikes! what a name…) will cause many people to skip the story altogether and head straight for the shops. And beauty products now, apparently. How exciting.

I will be reading the sequel, only because I hate leaving a story unfinished. But I'll say it once, and I'll say it again: disappointment.

Links:
Mortal Kiss: Fool's Silver index pagethe Club

No comments:

Post a Comment