Monday, May 20, 2013

Fashion Review: Acid

The fashion line Acid owned by Khol (hollyoaksrocks*) has released it's debut collection, a summer 2013 ready-to-wear line, which you can view by clicking here.

At first glance this collection struck me as a very basic but stylish collection and I continue to stick by this, however as you look closer into the collection itself it is easier to see the flaws.

First of all, it is extremely basic, almost to the point of not passing for a full summer collection. I also found a lot of it reminiscent to older Stardoll clothing, such as the beanie, plain tees from Basics, some shoes from Pretty in Love and the cap recently released in Original Future. I didn't mind the one model but I would have preferred to seen some other faces, as well as a runway background to set off the 10 outfits.

The 90s inspired collection didn't really scream 90s to me and the only items that strongly reminded me of the era were the two tie dye items shown at the beginning of the collection.

I, for one, am a huge fan of Khol's exciting style and I enjoy visiting her suite to see what outfit she has conjured up for the day, however this collection has left me slightly disappointed. I can only begin to think of how exciting this collection could be but instead it is just above the level of mediocre. Saying this, I did enjoy numerous pieces and found some pieces and prints very interesting.

I'm excited to see what Khol has to offer for the next collection of Acid and I'm hoping that it's able to grow from the criticism and deliver an outstanding second edition full of creative ideas and pieces.

Advertisement: Risque Magazine is a new and upcoming magazine owned by Hilmy (emmahunt4 on Stardoll) which you can view by clicking here. The magazine is set to be released very soon and is bound to be a success. I definitely recommend for everyone to follow the blog as updates will be coming very soon.

3 comments: