Thursday, June 20, 2013

Limited Edition, Summer 2013

Yesterday, the Summer collection of Limited Edition was released into the starplaza. Inspired by the Spring 2013 Versace collection, I was rather surprised with this attempt at redeeming the once half way mediocre quality graphics that stardoll has to offer.

Prices - a varying concept when it comes to the site - range from as little as 20 stardollars to a hefty 175. From my brief browsing through the newest edition, I would have to deduce them as being rather relevant considering the rise of quality in graphics.

In my own personal opinion, I think recreating the Versace collection was a good idea - I'm a huge fan of the Gianni Versace legacy, may I add - and only added to the overall effectiveness of Limited Edition. One of my few complaints would be the misinterpretation when it came to lace. In the following department, there was semi translucent fabrics with a simple print. Certainly not a smart move in that regard.

And then of course, there was that odd excess shine - it's basically a given, unfortunately - but when someone hears the word limited, they all the sudden go crazy. A word of advice for your wallet? Only buy what really speaks to you.

After all, you only have one chance to buy it. And if you do have some extra dollars to spend, click here to head on over to the starplaza.

7 comments:

  1. I really loved this collection in comparison to the previous 5. Although, I would have much rathered if they didn't add the 'LE' symbol as it cheapens the entire garment. Other than that, I was pleasantly surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The LE logo plastered onto some of the items ruined it for me I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The LE logo is unsightly, and ruins what would otherwise be gorgeous items. Otherwise, the collection was harmonious and well crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LE logo ruined a LOT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should've added a comment on the LE logo - it was certainly unsightly - but I was in a rush when writing this post. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wasn't all too fond of this season. By the time I got to the starplaza, the only pieces I wanted were sold out and I deliberated for some time on getting something, and then realised that it really wasn't worth it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really feel that Stardoll is rushing the LE collection. The pieces of clothing looked to rushed and they all looked the same to me. I wish that Stardoll would slow things down a little bit and come up with something with different colors, and different styles. I really loved the first couple of LE seasons. They looked like it took time to create them.

    ReplyDelete