Saturday, July 27, 2013

Hot Buys "Summer Retro" Collection (Part II)


So it seems as if the nightmare hasn't ended for Hot Buys collectors. Just recently, Stardoll did another "re-release" of the old summer Hot Buys collections, rendering the pieces currently on sale essentially worthless in StarBazaars and collectors' Suites alike. I stand to the point that I made quite a few weeks ago, when I reviewed the pros and cons of the first re-release; Stardoll may be thinking a step ahead in regards to trying to minimize scams and hacks on some of these semi-rare items, however, not at a significant cost to users.


There's really not much to say that I haven't said already, so I'll leave you all here with some advice: I'd start getting rid of those Hotbuys if they're still worth anything. Considering the summer is almost over, and we've about a month (give or take), I wouldn't take any chances on them releasing another old collection, as this seems to be the trend recently. All I can do now is wait patiently in the hopes that Stardoll designers might release some decent collection in the coming months to make up for this disappointment. Maybe they're using the re-releases to buy them time for a big project? Only time will tell.

5 comments:

  1. I just wish that SD could release new stuff! As nice as this stuff is we all want new things. by releasing all this it's like sd is admitting that the stuff used to be waaaaay better

    ReplyDelete
  2. the ugliest newest stuff is the most expensive lol i love the darling tee

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't really upset with the first rerelease, but I could see how others could be. But I own most of the HBs in this second one, so yeah, this pissed me off.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm happy I sold off all my hbs I had collected last year.

    ReplyDelete