Sunday, August 29, 2010

August Vogue Covers!

Hey everyone!
So, at the end of the month, I wanted to post this month VOGUE covers, basically, I'll judge them, and I will do the same at the end of each month, this will hopefully be another segment that I'll be doing from time to time, although, I wont be featuring all the covers, I might try to change the countries from time to time, but for now here are ten covers. Furthermore, I might be posting other magazine covers, just for the sake of getting the latest fashion news!Vogue India - This cover was actually a reprint from Vogue UK's last month issue, covergirl is Cameron Diaz, by Regan Cameron. The cover is decent, the fact that its actually a reprint was what made me disappointed. Vogue Greece - The cover looks quite extravagant, the dress is remarkable, and on Yulia Mizhuy, one of the youngest models, who looks splendid, Yulia is a model from Rush Models, and is one of the most unique models, I love her cheek bones!Vogue Portugal - I have to admit it, the simplicity of this cover is incredible! The covergirl is Daniela Ruah, who is a Portuguese-American actress known for her role in NCIS: Los Angeles. Perhaps one of the best in my opinion. Vogue Россия (Russia) - This is actually - as I believe - the only close up cover on an August vogue cover. The covergirl is Laetita Casta, Laetita Casta is a french model, and actress, she is quite old (approximately 32) but still looks flawless on Russian Vogue cover!Vogue España - Vogue Spain's cover is quite fascinating, the covergirl is Anna Selezneva who is a Russian model, who is approximately 20 years old, she is known for her fierce looks, which got her to Paris instantly, the cover is decent, but not the best.
Vogue Paris - This wasn't Freja Beha Erichsen first cover on a Vogue magazine, but certainly its one of the best covers I have seen! Freja Beha Erichsen is a Danish model, who is 22, and is one of the most popular models, known for her modeling skills which got her into Paris and Milan shows for the most popular designers such as Louis Vuitton, Prada and Miu Miu.
Vogue Deutsch - Simply remarkable, Vogue Germany's cover is so innocent looking, and with the Australian super-model Abbey Lee Kershaw, who is 23 years old, Abbey Lee was known for her outstanding talent, and was named 5th top model out of 50! She accomplished so much as a model, such as being the latest Fall/Winter 2010/2011 face of Chanel!
Vogue Italia - Italian Vogue is usually coming up with such intriguing covers that just astound me! The covergirl is Kristen McMenamy, who is an American model, who is 45! One of the oldest yet still looking fierce. The story behind this cover is, Kristen interpreting in images the environmental drama that's afflicting the Gulf of Mexico. This is one of the best I have seen if not the best itself!
Vogue US - Named the 'Age Issue' Vogue US debuts its cover with the covergirl Gwyneth Paltrow who is an American Actress at the age of 37, her achievements as an actress are quite a lot, and she looks graceful as she models for Vogue!
Vogue UK - Another magazine uses the super-model Freja Beha Erichsen as their covergirl, the shot is not as high-fashion or as glamorous as that of Vogue Paris, however, this shows Freja Beha's natural beauty, which is spread out all over the editorials of the magazine. Wonderful, I loved the whole natural look.

So, what do you think about the Vogue Issues? Which are you favorites?

13 comments:

  1. The german vogue wasn't that good this august, but I liked the accessories special! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved our cover (go Greece! :D) but I also loved the Russian cover it's really fresh and you can't evenn tell that the model is 32!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer the covers with the models, than the ones with celebrities on them. I love the Vogue Greece cover. It's so powerful, yet so lady like and delicate at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why do you treat your readers like illiterate in fashion, jeez we know the models

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm Our Cover (UK) Was Tiny Bit Let Down :( I Loved The Other Cover's

    ReplyDelete
  6. US Vogue looks a bit like the cover of "Womans Health" magazine or something. And I honestly mistook Freja Beha Erichsen for a man!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE Italian Vogue cover and special the editorial It's amazing. Well my country's vogue is quite good I LOVE DANIELA RHUA she is so amazing :P vogue portugal is better and better each month. At least they don't do reprinted covers anymore

    ReplyDelete
  8. @anonymous: I prefer giving short biographies of the models, whether or not you know the models isn't my priority.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love some of those covers!
    The US one disappointed me though :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Italian Vogue definately ;O Always go to Vogue Italia for the finer clean cut! I was expecting more from French Vogue ;( and Greek Vogue also caught me'h eye!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The model on the cover of Vogue Deutsch is so skinny I'm currently feeling the need to eat a Big Mac.

    ReplyDelete