Saturday, November 13, 2010

10 Questions with Becka Lavendale



























For those of you that are completely in love with the idea of Stardoll Fashion Week, you can leave it to Becka Lavendale (Psychotic-Freak) to keep you mesmerized. She may not be the complete idea behind the virtual clothed week - but she is the one that controls the schedule, the lines, and by now the minds of all of us. If you have ever wondered what goes on backstage or what is to come, look no further! We were able to ask the busy lady 10 questions when we ran into her earlier this week at the Chanel store in West Dollywood! Lets get started!


What do you like most about Stardoll?
[Stardoll is my escape. Real life has never been great for me when you get past the paper stage, and I've always felt a little bit of an outcast, because I'm very passionate, extreme and creative, and my friends aren't as wild as I am, so I often have to tone it down. I don't have to do that here, because we're all like that. We all aim for the sky, do crazy stuff and be ourselves. And that's why I can't invisage myself leaving, because unless I get that outlet in real life, this is gonna be long term for me. So future dolls can look forward to more FG and SFW!

How does it feel to be nominated for a Star Award in the category: 'Special Achievement'?
Amazing. It was so unexpected! I was scrolling through looking for FG nominations [and while I'm at this, thanks to anyone who nominated, even if we don't win it's such an honour], and then, right at the bottom, I saw MY name!! And to be considered along with such huge names like Alice, Lily, Baya and Jenna, it's so wonderful. I don't care if I don't win, to even be up there.. it's kinda sad how excited I am, but screw it, it's fun!!

What is the most surprising thing that inspires you to continue to work on Stardoll Fashion Week? You know, providing entertainment for others?
Honestly? Stardoll means something to me, as it does to all the other regulars on here, though they lie and say it doesn't. I love when it's exciting and lots of things happen, and we all have something to enjoy. Creativity is one of the reasons Dollywood is our drug, as here we have limitless passion for the arts, so hosting an event where talented individuals come together to develop their skills, where we have parties and make friends and enjoy ourselves? It's stressful as hell, and although it's pixelated, it's really fulfilling.

What is most important in making sure Stardoll Fashion Week is a success?
Organization. A lot of people probably don't appreciate the hard work that goes into it. You have to co-ordinate a million different people and make sure their tasks get done, deal with any dropouts, get everything on time, and if anything goes wrong, THAT is what people remember, especially if you're just starting out. So making sure everything runs smoothly is so important, and that's the lesson I have learned for this time around. Planning starts soon, and I intend to be thorough!

In all honestly, did you have a favorite line this year at SFW (Stardoll Fashion Week)?
As conceited as this is, and it was NOT my favourite, but I did love Coconut. What the team [me, Noj and Ciara] created was very much my style, and it felt like such a personal expression to me in particular. But, me aside, I loved L'arte de Lily SOO much, but the favourite? Same as everyone: Ostentatious. Alice, you just HAVE to bring it back!

Of all the items of clothing there is on Stardoll, do you have a favorite?
Just one? Impossible. I adore so many things, and it depends a lot on the time of year, and quite frankly, my mood. At the moment, I'm loving the hot buys fur stole and the pink fair isle sweater! I always love any short pretty dresses with full skirts, and long term, the mary-kate olsen lace dress, the heidi klum purple dress with the slit, the chanel wicker heels with the red toes, and the mary-kate olsen black feather dress have the be the ultimates. I have all but that last one, so anyone looking to sell...

Do you have a favorite movie?
Favourite movie... god that's hard. Any respect anyone may have had for me will be GONE when I admit this, but I love HSM2 & 3. Hoping to claw back any form of dignity, I also love comedies, like Paul Blart: Mall Cop, Zombieland, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I Love You, Beth Cooper.. I love comedy, but I have a sickening weakness for Disney. So sue me ;D

Do you have any phobias?
I'm afraid of loads of stuff! But the main one has to be spiders. Once, I was camping with some friends, and I saw this massive spider.. I screamed, and I was shaking and crying, it was horrible. Luckily my boyfriend was able to calm me down, and they got the spider out of there, thank God! But that's the reason I don't camp much ;D

What do you like most about fall fashion?
Fall fashion this season is indulgent, with rich tones and a clash of fabrics, and it's so delectable. I'm not one for minimalism, so velvets and jewels and prints and warm colours are so me. My favourite fall look is the D&G sweater over maxi look. I work in the clothing department of a British supermarket, Tesco, and they had this sweater in there which was identical to that. All I need now is that maxi dress and I have THE LOOK..

Can you give us a little inside scoop on Stardoll Fashion Week this coming February? What can we expect?
This year, I want SFW to be everything it was, only more. And better. There were issues last time, and I am determined to get rid of them, with better time management. We are introducing new sections, new awards, new competitions, lots of new design talent... make sure you're free at the end of February!


Very interesting to say the least!

*If you have any requests for certain users on Stardoll that you would like us to interview, leave a comment. Also, if you have ideas for questions you would like our interview-e to be asked, leave a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Great interview! I can't wait for another (sure to be amazing) SFW! I loved how honest she was (:

    ReplyDelete