Friday, January 7, 2011

Anorexia Can Kill You

Anorexia is a disease many girls are ready to complain of in order to be skinny and successful. But against the fact that everyone knows it can kill, still year after year we hear that blooming girls and women stop eating to get that 'take to' figure. In a great number of cases their life becomes heavy-handed or ends, like the life of Isabella Caro.













Isabella, who dreamt of becoming a model, started starving when she was just 13 years old. A designer, whose name is not acknowledged, had told the girl she had to lose 22 pounds if she wanted to be famous. She didn’t get the success she sacrificed her life for. At the age of 28 Isabella died having spent two weeks in a hospital with acute respiratory illness.

Isabella Caro drew attention to the issue of anorexia in 2007 by posing nude for a billboard with words, “No Anorexia” on it. At that instant she measured 5′4″ and about 70 pounds.

She explained her decision:
"I thought this could be a chance to use my suffering to get a message across, and finally put an image on what thinness represents and the danger it leads to — which is death."

Anorexia is awful. Neither fame nor money is worth reducing your life. Girls, if you want to be slim start doing sports, but don’t torment yourself and your being by eating absolutely nothing.

7 comments:

  1. That's terrible.I saw it in newspapers a week ago I think that she died.
    Anorexia can kill anyone,it's terrible.I wish we know who's the designer who told her that.
    Posing for a billboard was really good move.She tried to help the others,but she couldn't help herself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Isabella. Seriously, she's an inspiration; if I hadn't seen this picture (and an interview, I belive) when I was about 12 years old, I could be in a very different place right now... (I'm thinking in a hospital with a tube down my throat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why do model's need to be skinny anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw her in an interview. hope something good will happen and that her story saves other girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It disgusts me to see people like that. Anorexia is a serious problem. :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anorexia is a really big problem, and NO ONE should risk their lives for anyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anorexia is a disease, not a lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete