Saturday, January 22, 2011

Monster Magazine Blows On The Scene

The new coming to the publishing scene, the editor-in-chief, AbiiBabeh..x, and the glorious graphic designer, Wooldoor, are bursting out into the Stardoll fashion industry with this fabulous and fierce creation they call Monster Magazine, which obviously is influenced by a love of Lady Gaga. The magazine is also the very first to ever have a real interview with a real celebrity, CC Martini.

The ups about this magazine to me is that the graphics are beautifully done, and the articles are very much so readable and interesting to the eyes. And the anonymous cover-girl brings in mystery and anticipation to the reader's eyes, making them curious and ready to wait for me.

The downs to me would have to be the pages are too small to me, that you need to either focus on them to read or click to enlarge, which is too much effort really and an easy problem to fix. Also the fact that it is Lady Gaga influenced, really, I love Gaga, but really, this would be the twentieth magazine so far, in my opinion, to talk about/feature her, so its nothing new to me at all, which makes the magazine half way uninteresting to me already. And the fact its ANOTHER production that used 'popular' models again, I mean really, its 90+ million members, yet you only see 10 faces constantly, its pretty annoying if you ask me. Though I love this graphic with Mel in it, and I heart Mel, but I get so sick of seeing her me-doll everywhere, its a major downer for me.

Overall, its very well made and put together, so I think its on the right path so far for a good future. Good job.

Your opinions on the magazine?

5 comments:

  1. I want those shoes! and those tights! and that Ring! Oh, how I love McQueen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! I'm sure it will keep improving in the issues to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg mel really is the biggest model on sd

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's the BEST magazine EVER :DD

    This is not Wooldoor btw :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed it.
    I'm not the biggest fan of GaGa but I did enjoy reading all the articles. It drew me in like a fish on a hook!

    ReplyDelete