Monday, January 31, 2011

Unconditionally Fierce - Pt. 1






























(Image above: Fierce Magazine's Spring/Summer, 2010 Cover).

If you are familiar with Stardoll-based magazines, then you are aware of the much-celebrated, always anticipated, virtual, online magazine that is Fierce. Over a short period-of-time, the magazine has gained tons of recognition for being both daring and reader friendly.

Fierce Magazine is maintaining by a bubbly girl named Alice Fare (Hunnigall on Stardoll). We got up close and personal with the Editor-in-Chief herself in a recent candid interview (which will be published in two parts) that you can only see here. During the conversation, Alice reveals the chaos behind what goes into the making of each issue, life in the 'spotlight', what the future may hold, and so much more! Plus, also only here, the new promo photo for the comeback issue is exposed!

























TTT: Your magazine has built up a rather large fan base, does knowing that so many people will read the finished product affect the final execution?

Alice (Hunnigall): Sure it does! The most encouraging thing about owning a publication or project of your own is the followers and support you receive. People find happiness and entertainment through reading magazines, and even if they skim the writing and just look at the graphics, I'm happy that I've contributed to someone's day in a positive way :) However, all good things come with a natural balance... I could do without the anonymous critics :D

TTT: Fierce has made a big impact on its' readers and the Stardoll magazine industry alike. How has Fierce impacted you?

Alice (Hunnigall): Fierce has given me more self respect.. I beat myself up about alot of things, and having the readers reassure that, actually, I do have talent is heartwarming. I've also become closer to Emma (my Gummy Bear :D) and all our covergirls and co workers become close friends. Not that I didn't keep up with trends anyway, Fierce does tend to inspire me to look further into fashion and to use my own take on it. I guess, in a way, Fierce taught me to be fierce!

TTT: So Alice, tell us, how do you go about the picking and choosing of what you add in each issue? Such as models and articles?

Alice (Hunnigall): It all happens randomly... At the start of an issue, absolutely NOTHING is organised. Usually there's brainstorming, caffeine and ridiculous amounts of swearing involved in making a fantastic issue of Fierce ;D Models used to be something that I organised competitions or signup sheets for, but now I just take who I like and use them... Often without even telling them! Articles are always decided by the individual writer. I tell all the writers that what they write is entirely up to them, but it must fit in roughly with the theme... And then comes the organisation of the contents - CHAOS!


And there you have it! The first half of a two part interview segment! Be sure to keep a look out for that second half where, like mentioned, the promotional photo for the comeback issue will be made public!

Click here to join TTT's official club, TylersTopTrends!

5 comments:

  1. I personally dislike Fierce.
    Their last issue's 'maths' theme and colors disgusted me.
    I'm hoping their next issue will be a little different from the rest, maybe then I'll change my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I LOVE THE NEW BANNER!!!
    Alice makes great graphics >:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore the new header!

    I love Fierce xD

    @Anonymously Saying
    Ugh -.-"

    ReplyDelete
  4. The interview wasn't that special really, but I adore Alice and I can't wait to see the Fierce spoiler!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the new banner!

    ReplyDelete