Friday, January 28, 2011

Red Lips Magazine's First Issue Review

The second issue was just released yesterday for the brand new mag, Red Lips Magazine, by JosephinaA.

Seriously, is 2011 making everyone into a designer or magazine creator now?

But anyway, I checked out the magazine the other day and the cover-girl is Gillian/Juciimami827, the creator and founder of Stardoll's Official NOH8.






















The cons I seem to spot heavily just rest on the graphics, they are very simple, nothing amazing or brilliant, just simple. And the fact that they say they are the first to ever use Stardoll graphics, which is not true in the least, which is a rather annoying thing to announce since ALL magazine use Stardoll for graphics, but I guess they meant to say the whole thing is mainly used only with Stardoll graphics, though you can clearly tell they had other influence else where.
















Even though the graphics are lacking in the way they are, the charisma the photo shoots capture make up for its okay designs. I would really complain about is the size of the magazine one the page! I love how they used that website to create a magazine like that, but its way too tiny to read! Which leaves you no option, if you actually, plan to read it, to enlarge it, which I highly doubt people did, most only care for the photos, just like a real life magazine, so it decreases the want to read the articles.

And one last thing is that.. I noticed.. no where did I see a cover-girl or NOH8 interview with Gillian anywhere! Strange..?

The the pros I have to say is that it looks like she actually took time out to make all of this. Which I adore about magazines. I hate it when I see a new issue and it only has a cover-girl pulse interview, two extra articles, and then that's it.. This one took effort to make, and I love how you can tell the hard work the editor did with the added help. And the articles are not that bad to read either. So you should check out the pages of it, its worth it.






















Another thing is that it seems like Gillian and Chad/MadWorld are out on a date in the issue! Couple/pair photo shoots are always better appealing to me, even if it is focusing more on one person over the other, so I defiantly enjoy that section of the issue the most!

To check out the magazine for yourself, visit it here!

What's your opinions of the new magazine?

7 comments:

  1. Just letting you know, It's the second issue, not the first :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can enlarge it so it takes up your whole screen, you double click on it or something :P
    It was a cute magazine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore my outfit there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an option to view it in fullscreen.I like it

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you can full screen it, I was saying that I would rather not though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red lips magazine!
    hey i have a question: can we please be media partners??
    My Blog:
    rafaelsnexttopmodel.blogspot.com

    Hope to hear from you, your Rafi101

    ReplyDelete