Monday, August 12, 2013

Your Thoughts: Mod Market

Before anyone asks - the best dressed lists are coming! They will all be released in the next week or so. Thank you for being patient while I take a break from regular posts at TTT.

Earlier today a new store entitled Mod Market was released to the Starplaza, featuring a selection of both fashion and interior items, with prices ranging from 7-24 stardollars. Although I find the concept of the store very cute and somewhat original for Stardoll, I'm left disappointed with the quality for the entirety of the clothing. The prices are average for a Stardoll clothing store, with the interior items are heavily overpriced as per usual. What are your thoughts on this new shop? Comment below and I will add your thoughts to the post.

Vivian: I think the initial idea is a pretty decent one, but after a while, I'd think they'd start running out of concept ideas pretty fast...

Anonymous: When I saw the message in my inbox I was a bit anxious to see what the items would look like but I was disappointed that there were only few items of clothing in the store & lots of interior items & I wondered why the furniture items weren't just included in the pop shop store & the few clothes put in the wild candy, original future or any of the other stores with that theme. Most of their new releases only have very few starcoin items or none at all, which makes that currency almost pointless. I don't like the patterns on the fabric although I like the red & teal platform shoes, the wigs & the bags. This shop might be like the fever shop which stayed only for a short time at starplaza, & it looks like a store (apart from the furniture) from short term sponsor stores like D-signed etc not main collections.

LadyGagaMcqueen: I think it looks cheap to be honest. Too many colors without any real difference in concept... Nothing really interesting in my opinion. I thought of maybe buying the Mondrian dress, but it doesn't look as the YSL one at all..and yes 18 stardollars is too much for a dress with such an unattractive shape! Still it's a style that some might like...

9 comments:

  1. I think the initial idea is a pretty decent one, but after a while, I'd think they'd start running out of concept ideas pretty fast...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it looks cheap to be honest. Too much colors without any real different concept, nothing really interesting in my opinion.
    I thought of maybe buy the Mondrian dress, but it doesn't look as the YSL one at all..and yes 18 sd is too much for a dress with such an unattractive shape!
    Still it's a style that somes might like...

    ReplyDelete
  3. TTT is getting boring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly because, as I stated in the post, I'm taking a break from regular posting.

      Delete
    2. Kegel exercises strengthen your legs so that you can walk fabulously in your Blahnik's this season! Words of wisdom from me so you know it's honest guys :3

      Delete
  4. When I saw the message in my inbox I was a bit anxious to see what the items would look like but I was disappointed that there were only few items of clothing in the store & lots of interior items & I wondered why the furniture items weren't just included in the pop shop store & the few clothes put in the wild candy, original future or any of the other stores with that theme. Most of their new releases only have very few starcoin items or none at all, which makes that currency almost pointless. I don't like the patterns on the fabric although I like the red & teal platform shoes, the wigs & the bags. This shop might be like the fever shop which stayed only for a short time at starplaza, & it looks like a store (apart from the furniture) from short term sponsor stores like D-signed etc not main collections.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With 3 words; under-qualified, old-fashioned, ugly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They just had to ruin Ysl's dress with the girlie little wavy bottom.

    ReplyDelete