Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Classique Awards Best Dressed List

Now, it took me some time to figure out what I was going to do with this list, because believe it or not... This is the first time Tyler's Top Trends has properly covered fashion at a big event. However, this seems to be a favorite among many, so we might just do this a little more often.

I did think about creating both a best and worst dressed list, but since I noticed the hard work put into each outfit - I figured, hey, lets give them all a break. After all, I do get harsh sometimes. Here's the deal... I picked some outfits that I found to be interesting and had both Dei and I comment on them. Now, whether we state that the outfit was good or not in our comments, is simply that. It does not mean you're on any list. Everyone is on the "Best Dressed" list today. I hope that makes sense.



























(Above - AislinVictory)

Dei: I won't lie, I helped dress half of this outfit.. But anywho! This outfit strongly reminds me of the new age type of 1940's pin up girl! With the sleeve tattoos and corset and slim fitted top. I love it! Though I am not a fan of sleeve tattoos for a formal, but she rocked it.

Tyler: I agree with you, Dei! I however, have to say that I think black-and-white tattoos can be very glamorous, depending on the position and placement. This outfit had the right amount of everything.



























(Above - Alice2078)

Dei: I love the dress, polka dots are so cute and retro!And the gloves and pearls are lovely. The giant random pearl is very odd to me.. But the biggest thing for me are that the shoes kill me! They make me not like this outfit.

Tyler: Oh, dear. I am not sure how to explain this outfit to myself, let alone you all. The pearl is a little distracting, you're right, Dei. I just feel like this whole outfit is too chunky - if that makes sense. There is too much going on. It could of been easily very classic.



























(Above - Blahm3)

Dei: The outfit itself, love. Reminds me strongly of the 80's and Lady Gaga. But.. she always dresses like this.. So I don't enjoy this one that much at all. Besides that, she has no pants on!

Tyler: You took the words right out of my mouth, Dei. I mean, how should I say this... I love the outfit, I really do - but there was a dress code people! Nice shoes, though!



























(Above - Juciimami827)

Dei: I also helped Gillian on this outfit partly too.. But anyway.. I do love the combination layers, without the hat, I would guess this is a 80's or 90's couture outfit, but with, I am confused on the outfit's time period.

Tyler: Gillian was one of the big winners tonight, going home with the "Ground-Breaking Project" Award and she was certainly dressed like a winner. I like how her dress has some shiny texture to it, it reminds me of sequins which can be very glamorous. If it was me, I would of lost the hat.



























(Above - clubklo)

Dei: At first glance, I love the outfit! But then analyzing it, I notice that its too much to me. The lace leggings with knee socks deff turn me off from this. And the shoes are too loud for the outfit in my eyes. And really, shorts to a formal?

Tyler: Yeah, shorts? The shoes are off, even the glasses. This could of been a great look! There is not much to say about this look.



























(Above - Conii987)

Dei: - Cute, simple, and sweet, but way too plain! And the lipstick is.. just odd. I've never been the fan of that color on her or on anyone, so..

Tyler: It is too simple, it's true. But when I thought about it, there is not much you could add without over-doing it. Skinny belts are really trendy right now. I would of chosen a nude lipstick.



























(Above - Findurlove)

Dei: Hands down, one of the best outfits of the night. Though she isn't THAT formal, she is just THAT fabulous!

Tyler: I am going to have to say that this was my favorite look of the night. It is not as formal as it could have been, but it has that vintage feel to it. I love the way this look was accessorized, perfectly. Maggie was also a winner, she won, "Biggest Sweet-heart"!



























(Above - gabby1822)

Dei: I will admit, I am not a big fan of her make-up. But I am in LOVE with her outfit! Its very simple, but very elegant. Perfectly infusing 1920's glamor in a look to me.

Tyler: Her outfit is very elegant, yes. I am not a fan of the clutch or the necklaces. I do not like the makeup, either. Other than that, this outfit was nice.



























(Above - larsa_gurl)

Dei: Its not the worst of the night but it is one of them to me. I am sorry, she is a very sweet girl from what I see, but the outfit just plain 'no' for me. The ankle boots and fur trimmed jacket don't match at all. The skirt is too bright to be as short as it is. And really, the fedora only makes it worst.

Tyler: Uh, no comment...



























(Above - MissDancer853)

Dei: The black dress alone is very gorgeous, but with the added DKNY ruffle skirt, it turns into a frumpy assemble. I am also NOT a fan of the shoes at all. New in Alaskan high fashion much?

Tyler: I love this dress. And I love the shoes, too. They just do not go well together.



























(Above - Pirata111)

Dei: I have a love/hate with this outfit. Its too much in my opinion, the headpiece doesn't flow well with the vintage dress and platform spiked shoes.. And the dress isn't very flattering for her since at first glance, I thought she had a baby bump. But, I don't really know her too well to judge her, but... is it me or doesn't her me-doll look just like Egle's(vampire_)?

Tyler: Again, to be honest, I like this outfit. It is not traditional glamour and I like that. It might not fit the theme as well as it could - but it's modern and unique.



























(Above - Syligirl)

Dei: If anything, I don't know if she was aiming for it or not, but this makes me think 70's glamor instantly! The platforms with the loose yet stylish dress is a winner for me.

Tyler: Perfection.



























(Above - Nojarama)

Dei: What can I say, I love black, and I love daring outfits, so I love this one. The pants and boots make me think 80's/90's punk. The shirt and chandelier make me think classic vampire. But he does make purple hair look rather lovely.

Tyler: Chace, did you get the memo? Ha-ha, just kidding - buddy!



























(Above - Zoe_COUTURE)

Dei: Flawless layering. Very chic and vintage looking dress. Not a big fan of that bag though.

Tyler: It is amazing how much we agree on fashion and style, Dei. I am going to have to say that the bag throws it off. A clutch would of made this outfit classier.



























(Above - N1mka4eva)

Dei: The girl can wear anything and people love it, its just who she is. Really, I love how she got creative with the acorns! Thats what wins me with this outfit, but other than that, she was not dressed for occasion at all, she just came as she was.

Tyler: Before the ceremony began, Charlotte asked me if acorns were glamorous, I replied, "they can be". This girl has been through so much in such a short period of time and I find her to be one fascinating human being. She is free to wear whatever she wants.


Lastly,


























(Above - noelle_page)

We got the notification that Noelle wanted to be on the list once we had already written out the comments, so with that being said, Noelle you looked amazing. It was your night. Noelle was wearing a design by Allison_Arg!

And that concludes the looks from The Classique Awards Winter, 2011 ceremony!

11 comments:

  1. This was a great post! So detailed (:

    Just wondering, was there a reason I was not a part of this? I signed up in the other post...I've changed my outfit, but this is what it was before: http://i53.tinypic.com/2je7cza.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,shorts to a formal dears!
    Thank you for the constructive criticism.However,this is me,and nothing is going to change that.

    Loved the post,although there was no worst dressed list..some people might find the reviews harsh,but,that is life! Loved the complete honesty! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow,this is so cool! This was nice that everyone gets to be on the dressed list and I'm so happy to be apart. Thanks for the criticism and Dei is so right about the 20's glamour(I was totally going for that)and I added the accessories and makeup just for some more drama.Thanks again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i LOVE syligirl's outfit!
    love you Ayla <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tyler- thanks for the nice comment :)
    Dei- well, to be honest, that's my personal style :D I guess that's why I was nominated for the Most Risque Medoll in the first place. And yes, my medoll does look like Egle's because we're stardoll twins, soul-sisters :)) <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhw thanks Ioana.
    + Thanks for the criticsm, Tyler and Dei :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woopdie doo. "Uh no comment..." lmfao.

    Thanks for featuring me though (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pants didn't go with that outfit Dei xD

    And thanks tyler ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Charlotte's outfits always suck. I just don't understand you people who are sucking up to her and telling that she dresses nice just because she is an so called "elite"!

    ReplyDelete