Sunday, July 3, 2011

Fresh Face!

Why hello lovely readers of Today's Top Trends!

I may introduce myself before I start with my first little post. Melinda Pires.The fresh face here at TTT. I am going to write about fashion and modeling. In the real world as well as on Stardoll.

For my first ever post I thought about showing you something different. Or rather someone different. Kristen McMenamy. You don't know her? Oh my. I have a lot to do! So Kristen is not exactly a 'fresh face',but one of the best high fashion models the world has ever seen! Her looks are unique but she still is a beautiful woman [at the age of 46!] If I could have such a body at that age.. Anyways, I will show just you what impresses me so much and I guess you will understand what I mean. Did I mention that she is still strutting the runways of Chanel?

 




The second and the third photo are from the recent Jean Paul Gaultier campaign. I just love her body language! And now some photos of how she used to look like in the 80's:



Interesting to see a Vogue cover of that time, huh? Having her break through moment when she decided to shove off her eye brows, she became one of the real supermodels of that time, though she isn't mentioned that much. But you know what? The best [high fashion] models are always the ones not everybody knows! Her eyebrows grew back but she now has them bleached and not to forget the hair color! She still stands out.

In a good way? That is something I would like to hear from you! Do you think her old, more mainstream look was better? Or was is the right thing to go a little crazy?

I am thrilled to hear what you think!


Au revior, Melinda

3 comments:

  1. she's really gorgeous, especially on her Vogue cover

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks younger!!! She's really beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is beautiful, it's unbelievable that she's 46!

    ReplyDelete