Thursday, August 11, 2011

The fashion detective: Smells like Vintage.

Bonjour mes lecteures!

My name is Melinda Pires. I'm 17 years old and one of the new writers for TTT! I will write about fashion as well as Stardoll modeling. I'm on my way to find out what I want to be doing after I finished school. It will definitely be art related. That's what actually inspired me for my first post. I hope you like it and I will have a great time here : ].

As we all know for a model building up her career there couldn't be anything better than gracing the cover of what?!Vogue. Of course.
 Founded in 1892[!!!], as a weekly publication, by Arthur Baldwin Turnere this magazine seemed to be promising. Lacking the addiction-factor, Grace Mirabella became the editor-in-chief in 1973. Under her the the magazine underwent editorial and stylistic changes and became a monthly publication. Nowadays we all know Anna Wintour as the editor-in-chief. She is not only famous for her cutting-edge visual sense and ability for radically revamp a magazine, but also for her practice of wearing sunglasses indoors.

So I will be leaving you guys with some Vintage Vogue covers. I love the fact that these aren't photographs! Still they look so much like a Vogue cover nowadays could look like!


1919

1927

1933

1935

 Oh! And I almost forgot that this will be the name of my segment: 'The fashion detective'. I will try to keep you updated on everything that is happening in the industy. And will also try to crack some serious cases! *Puts on her monocle*

Toodles!



4 comments:

  1. Lovely Article. Vogue is the book of fashion and Anna Wintour is doing a brilliant job as its guardian.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new segement , it is really interesting ! Can't wait for your next post !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful artworks! I love the segment, Melinda!

    ReplyDelete