Friday, May 17, 2013

HBW #15 - Accessory Minimalism

Image Credit: Underneath Stardoll
This week we were presented with a set of five minimalistic accessories for the release of the latest Hot Buys Weekly, with an abundant   amount of white and silver being used.

The first items of this week are the Hot Buys Architectural Sandals which are, in my opinion, very average. I do like the concept of  the shoe, especially the clear PVC strip, but the odd heel and mediocre quality put me off. I'm once again disappointed with the quality of the shoes, and although I'm glad Stardoll did not use their overused gradient affect, I still feel that more effort could have been put into the overall design. I'm unsure if I will purchase these currently as I am still unsure if the positives outweigh the negatives.

Next up is another pair of shoes, this time being the Hot Buys Silver Shoes. I'm pleasantly surprised by these and I think they look very wearable and versatile. The quality is reasonable and the only thing possibly me off is the odd heel, which is barely noticeable when worn.

Thirdly are the the Hot Buys Sunnies, which are a rather interesting pair of sunglasses. I like the concept of these but I question their wearability as I'm finding it hard to make them look good on my doll. For now I won't be purchasing but I will go back to them for a final look before the release of the next set of Hot Buys.

The Hot Buys Aristographic Clutch is probably my least favourite of the bunch this week due to it's awful graphic quality. It genuinely looks like something a beginner could make in Gimp or Photoshop and I'm surprised that it ever made it to the window at the starplaza. It lacks real shading which is made up for by a gradient on the purse, alongside an average and blurry bevelled effect. I will definitely not be buying.


Finally the Hot Buys See Through Purse, which was my favourite of this week. It's very trendy and current and I like how Stardoll added the glasses and iPhone to it. Although the quality of the purse is mediocre and it lacks real shading and dimension, I will still be purchasing as I sort of love it... Oops!

What did you think of this week's Hot Buys?

11 comments:

  1. Not for me, thank you. The hot buys are not as unique as they were before, there's so many of them now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can someone agree with me? I don't understand the 2 comments below me lol.

      Delete
  2. These - in my opinion - are the best hotbuys in a long time. Stardoll seems to have gone hungry when it comes to the dodge and burn tool, but other than that, I think they have picked rather decently when it comes to trends and wearability. Not some outrageously strange contraption of sorts that somehow is used as clothing (and that, my friends, is my overall opinion on 99% of "modern day" stardoll clothing).

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Hot Buys Aristographic Clutch is actually good. It gives the effect of crystal or polished metal, even more lucite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i doubt thats what sd were aiming for
      it may look like that but i bet it was just because they couldn't be bothered to actually shade

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. It looks basically like this. It's from Gucci's recent collection:

      http://www.polyvore.com/gucci_aristographic_perspex_clutch/thing?context_id=77995410&context_type=collection&id=79531500

      Delete
  4. Checkmate!

    (www.checkmatestardoll.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The real version of the Architectural sandals are much more alluring than the Stardoll version. They really watered it down, it's missing key details such as the wooden heel... I do like the Hotbuys though. Doesn't bother me that there's so many of them (new every week). They're still lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Shady of stardoll, Kim Kardashian was wearing those shoes with her feet oozing out of them this week, just noticed that

    ReplyDelete